The HyperLink ALS-D25P15DW is designed to provide superior lightning and surge protection for RS-422/485 control and 15VDC power lines. These protectors incorporate individual protection circuits for the RS-422/485 control lines and DC power lines. All housed in one NEMA rated weatherproof enclosure.
RS-422/485 Control Lines
A high power 3-stage design is used to provide protection for the RS-422/485 control line. The 3-stage design can handle higher-level transients than a protector that uses only diodes. The first stage is comprised of a differential gas discharge tube. Stage two is a pair of current limiting series resistors and the final stage is a low capacitance diode array. The RS-422/485 control line is connected to the protector via its screw terminal blocks. The terminal blocks are removable to ease wiring. The ALS-D25P15DW is designed to work with either 1 full duplex or 2 half duplex RS-422/485 lines.
15VDC Power Lines
The 15VDC power lines are also protected using a 3-stage design. This provides superior protection from transients and surges. The first stage is comprised of a differential gas discharge tube. Stage two is a pair of suppression coils and the final stage is a 5000 Watt uni-polar Transient Voltage Suppression (TVS) Diode. Power lines are connected to the protector via high current rated screw terminals.
These units feature a weatherproof ABS enclosure with gasketed cover and concealed mounting holes. Water tight cable glands provide entry and exit points for cables. A ground clamp on the enclosure's exterior provides a tie point for earth ground.
- Individual protection circuits for RS-422/485 control lines and 15VDC power lines
- 3-Stage protection provided for all lines
- Will work with Full or Half Duplex RS-422/485 lines
- NEMA rated enclosure with gasketed cover and concealed mounting holes
- Also available in 12VDC, 24VDC and 12-28VAC versions
- RS-422/485 lines with 15VDC supply voltage
- Analog or IP video surveillance cameras
- Pool/spa and industrial controllers and keyboards
- Door/gate access control with RS-485 and power
- Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) camera controllers