The ALS-CAT6JT lightning protector provides superior lightning and surge protection for indoor 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet networks. The unit has low line to line and line to ground capacitance to minimize distortion of high-speed signals. The design provides protection for both common and differential mode surges.
This protector is compatible with 802.3af/at Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) devices. This device supports PoE mode A and B for power. The ALS-CAT6JT shielded RJ45 jacks are isolated from the safety ground. This minimizes the chance of a ground loop being introduced.
This unit features a weatherproof ABS enclosure with gasketed cover and concealed mounting holes. PG16 cable glands are provided on the enclosure as well as an external ground clamp to provide a tie point for earth ground. The PG16 cable glands are large enough to pass an un-booted RJ45 connector through so pre-terminated cables can be used.
For mounting to masts up to 2 inches in diameter, the HGX-PMT24 mast mounting kit is available (sold separately).
- CAT6, CAT5e and CAT5 compatibility
- Reliable differential gas tube protection
- Cable shield isolated from safety ground
- IEEE 802.11af/at Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) compatible
- Weatherproof ABS enclosure with gasketed cover and shielded RJ45 jacks
- 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet Equipment
- Wireless Access Points & Bridges
- Wireless Client Adapters
- IP Cameras