The AL-D3W-05 is a high power 3-stage lightning and surge protector that provides superior protection of differential / balanced digital or analog lines from transients and surges. The unit will protect up to three pairs of lines or six single ended data, analog or control lines. Provisions for use with shielded cable are provided.
The AL-D3W-05 is designed to convert into a failsafe mode in the rare case of a catastrophic surge or lightning event. For this mode, the resistors in the second stage will fuse and portions of the diode array will short. This effectively disconnects the line from sensitive equipment thus limiting damage. The units are factory repairable.
This protector features a weatherproof ABS enclosure with gasketed cover and concealed mounting holes. Removable screw terminal strips are provided on the input and output for convenience. To ease installation, the terminal strips can be removed. A ground clamp provides a tie point for earth ground.
For mounting to masts up to 2 inches in diameter, the HGX-PMT25 mast mounting kit is available.
- Protection for up to three pair of lines plus provisions for shielded cables
- High power 3-stage surge protection, superior to diode or TVS only based designs
- NEMA rated enclosure with gasketed cover and concealed mounting holes
- Removable screw terminals
- Ground clamp provided on outside of enclosure
- RS-485 serial communications
- Modbus, Profibus and DMX applications
- 5 Volt differential or single ended data or control lines
- Industrial and building automation
- AISG control lines