The HyperLink AL-CAT6HPJW lightning protector provides superior lightning and surge protection for indoor 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet networks. The unit has low line to line and line to ground capacitance to minimize distortion of high-speed signals. The design provides protection for both common and differential mode surges. The AL-CAT6HPJW has been designed to meet the GR-1089 Intra-Building surge protection requirements for 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet lines. In addition, the unit is compatible with 802.3af Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) devices. This device supports PoE mode A and B for power. The AL-CAT6HPJW isolates the cable shield from the safety ground. This minimizes the chance of a ground loop being introduced.
For maximum protection from lightning on long cable runs, two AL-CAT6HPJW's can be used - one at each end of the cable.
The compact weather resistant housing features a lockable hinged cover and mounting holes are provided on the rear of the enclosure for mounting. The cable grommet may be adjusted to cable size and are removable.
This protector is also available in the following versions: For indoor use with RJ45 Jacks, HGLN-CAT6-HP.
- CAT6, CAT5e and CAT5 compatibility
- GR-1089 Intra-Building rated
- Cable shield isolated from safety ground
- Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) compatible
- Impact and weather resistant enclosure with locking hinged cover
- 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet Equipment
- Intra-building Cable Runs
- Wireless Access Points & Bridges
- Wireless Client Adapters
- IP Cameras