The AL-CAT5SJW24 is a compact weather resistant lightning protector which provides lightning and surge protection for CAT5 data applications. The unit is fully compatible with 10/100 Base-T Ethernet networks, providing protection to both Ethernet data pairs as well as the PoE DC power feed. The unit supports both PoE modes A and B for of supplying DC power. Power can be fed up the CAT5 data pairs, 1-2, 3-6 or using the two unused pairs, 4-5, 7-8.
High speed semiconductors clamp any voltage, positive or negative on the wires. The limits are +/- 36 volts on the four cable pairs. The design utilizes Thyristor diode technology which has superior power handling capability compared to TVS or Zener diode based designs. The unit is compatible with both normal and reverse polarity voltage PoE equipment.
- Compatible with 15V and 24V Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) devices
- Supports PoE mode A and B for power
- Impact and weather resistant enclosure with locking hinged cover
- Protects 4 data pairs
- Shielded RJ45 jacks
- Wireless Access Points, Servers and Routers
- IP, Network or Web Camera
- VoIP Telephone
- 10/100 Base-T Networks