The AL-CAT5SJW is a compact weather resistant lightning protector which provides lightning and surge protection for CAT5 data applications. The unit is fully compatible with industry-standard Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) devices and 10/100 Base-T Ethernet networks, providing protection to both Ethernet data pairs as well as the PoE DC power feed. The unit supports both modes A and B of the 802.3af standard for of supplying DC power. Power can be fed up the CAT5 data pairs, 1-2, 3-6 or using the two unused pairs, 4-5, 7-8.
High speed semiconductors clamp any voltage, positive or negative on the wires. The limits are +/- 58 volts on the four cable pairs. The design utilizes Thyristor diode technology which has superior power handling capability compared to TVS or Zener diode based designs. The unit is compatible with both normal and inverted polarity voltage PoE equipment.
The compact weather resistant housing features a lockable hinged cover and break-away holes are provided on the rear of the enclosure for mounting. The cable grommet may be adjusted to cable size and are removable.
- 802.3af Modes A and B Power-Over-Ethernet and Reverse Polarity PoE compatible
- Impact and weather resistant enclosure with lockable hinged cover
- Protects 4 data pairs
- (2) Shielded RJ45 jacks reduce EMI interference
- Supports use of shielded CAT5 cable
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet Equipment
- Wireless Access Points and Bridges
- Wireless Client Adapters
- IP Cameras with PoE