The AL-CAT5EJW24 lightning protector provides superior lightning and surge protection for both indoor and outdoor 10/100 Base-T Ethernet networks. Integral to the design is protection for the four Ethernet data pairs and the PoE DC power feed.
This protector is also compatible with 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet networks, but it is recommended to be used on shorter length CAT6 cable runs for best performance.
The unit features a low capacitance diode array that can withstand large surge currents. The design utilizes a Thyristor diode which switches to a low impedance state once triggered. This offers superior power handling capability compared to TVS or Zener diode based designs. The limits are +/- 36 volts on the four cable pairs.
- CAT5, CAT5e and CAT6 compatibility
- Compatible with 15V and 24V Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) devices
- Supports PoE mode A and B for power
- Shielded RJ45 Jacks
- Impact and weather resistant enclosure with locking hinged cover
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet networks
- Wireless access points and bridges
- Wireless client adapters
- IP cameras