The 7707BPX is a wide band 2 x 1 optical protection switch that provides auto-changeover functionality by detecting changes in the optical input power level. The 7707BPX has integrated VistaLINK® technology for remote control and monitoring capability via SNMP. This provides the user with the ability to locally or remotely configure and monitor parameters such as module status, selected input, power level and switching threshold. In the application of auto-changeover, the 7707BPX can be configured to have a MAIN input and a STANDBY input. In this configuration, it will automatically switch to the Standby input when the Main input power is weak or lost. It can also be configured to have auto or manual switch back to the Main input when the signal is re-established. The 7707BPX occupies one card slot and can be housed in the 1RU 7801FR frame which holds up to four single or two dual slot modules, the 3RU 7800FR frame which has a 15 slot capacity, the portable 3RU 350FR frame which has a 7 slot capacity, or a standalone enclosure which holds a single module.
- Intelligent auto switching with input power detection and user definable thresholds
- Supports automatic or manual control via SNMP or GPI
- Comprehensive signal and card status monitoring via four-digit card-edge display, or remotely through SNMP and VistaLINK® capability
- Fully Hot-swappable from front of frame with no fiber disconnect/reconnect required
- Accept any wavelength in the 1270nm to 1610nm range
- Supports single mode fiber optic cable
- SC/PC, SC/APC, ST/PC or FC/PC fiber connector options